Saturday, March 15

Shooting Starse



Deep breaths, the feel of rapid heartbeat, the increase of adrenaline flowing through the body, preparing for the fight or flight instinct to kick in... and fight it was...

My second trip up to Wolverhampton for the British Blind Open shooting championships was more of a struggle this year. Standing on the range with the above emotions hitting home, I realised that I had set myself a high standard to beat last year. 587 out of a possible 600 points was going to be hard to beat. As it turned out I scored 579 this year, although I am pretty happy with the result as it was only my 3rd week of using my new rifle, and as such had not customized it to my liking yet.
Tony and Joe, fellow shooters from the club at Helston also made the trip up with us, Tony geting a personal best score. My score placed me at second in class B, the class I won last year.
This year however, I joined Joe in shooting in the unsupported discipline, something that requires great concentration and stamina to hold a rifle at shoulder height and to within a few millimetres of movement. 60 shots over 30 targets in the space of an hour and 45 mins. Again with the new rifle and never having competed in unsupported in competition before, I realised a score of 546 which put me at 3rd overall in the unsupported category which bodes well for next year. At least there is some silverwear on its way back home!

Blind drunk in charge of a weapon, yeah!


Bounty hunters R us

No comments: