Sunday, September 30

Food, Friends, Family and, errrm, Bowling

Scott and Jo kindly offered to cook a roast for the usual rabble this afternoon. I tried to restrict myself to just a small portion as there would be another slap up meal in the evening for mums birthday. Unfortunately it was a bit too nice, and I ended up eating more than I should have including the so called caramelize carrots, for caramelized insert scorched. It was a bit of a stretch to expect Brett not to pine after the food, and with baby Amber extending her hand to feed him the poor thing must have gone insane. Amber and Brett seem to be good friends now, with B looking for attention all the time, and A giving him kisses and rolling on the floor with him. Having refrained from the intake of wine I very nearly fell asleep on the sofa afterwards whilst the others drank and chatted away.
We were taken straight from there to Truro by the folks early in the evening, along with Nat, Amy and Dan for the meal in the evening. So B had to spend another hour or so under a table whilst I stuffed my face. He had a bit of fun afterwards though when we finished up with a game of bowling.
This was the first time I had attempted bowling since losing my sight. Of course I went in all cocky saying that there wouldn't be any difference to my obviously amazing ball hurling skills. However I was soon proven wrong when my first 6 or 7 balls ended up in the gutter. I think I found some sort of technique by the end of the 2 games, but I may be deluded, scoring a total of around 20 points in total. For some reason B got very distressed when I went up to take my go, despite being only a few feet away he would whine and get really excited when I went back to him. Maybe with all the noise he thought I might be hurt. I think that mum enjoyed her birthday night out, and I particularly enjoyed working B at breakneck speed back to the car through the deserted streets of Truro

No comments: