Sunday, August 26

BBQ'd to a crisp.

Waking up with a hangover this morning was probably an indicator that I should refrain from drinkage for a while, the events that followed just served to reinforce this point!
Attending a bbq hosted by Rachael and Steve in the afternoon I put off drinking the quality Cornish ales til after I had some food. Persuaded to partake of the hairy dog to cure my hangover by my so called friends was just the start. The first 2 bottles were forced down whilst Brett stretched out in the garden waiting for baby Amber to wave food infront of his nose. The 3rd and 4th went down alot easier though! After a battle of wills over an entire chicken drumstick that B managed to get hold of and clamp down on, we took off.
After a quick change at home it was off to the pub, earlier thoughts of a hangover now well disguised by the same thing that gave rise to its origin. It was only a brief stop though, just enough time to let Scott and Jo get an eyeful of growler from the open legs of a 'lady' with all too short hotpants on. Leaving the high calibre clientelle and karaoke behind Jo went home and Scott and I ventured towards the Twilight.
Now, the Twilight Zone is Redruths one and only nightclub, it has the obligatory sticky carpet, plastic pint glasses and smells of sweaty dog. Hence the reason why I haven't attended in over 5 years. The only reason we were going was to see up and coming local band Glass Shark perform. Mistake no1. Only in Twiglet could they announce that the support band hadn't turned up, and then for the main act to play 2 songs, make some excuse about a chest problem and then leave! Claire, Oli and Morgan who we met in there left at this point to get their money back and go home. I on the other hand badgered Scott into staying. Mistake No2. It got very messy from there on in, lots of drink,a little boogieing on the dancefloor with Brett, and an unknown woman sitting on my lap for part of the evening. Most of which I have been told by Scott as I have no recolection.
Finally leaving at closing time we try to look for a taxi, after a disagreament with said taxi driver over the nature of his over inflated fare we decided to walk, not before I fall over and crack the back of my head. As we were at the bottom of the exit from the grounds, a bloke came running up and said that he had seen what had happened and he had got a whip round and collected taxi fare for us! Sometimes it pays to have a disability! However kind the offer, we still walked back to Scotts as there was no way I was going home in my state. Waking up in a strange bed not knowing quite where I was, a cut on my head and sick at the foot of the bed is definately an indication not to have 2 full days of drinking again in future.

Track of the day = Justice - D.A.N.C.E.