Tuesday, May 1

Radio Gaga

Picture of me and Tim


Picture of me and Rosie


International superstardom beckons for Brett. We had a very good piece on the highs and lows of blindism and guide dog ownership broadcast on local radio. We met Tim from Atlantic FM and Rosie from Skyfield Media in Truro. The interview was conducted in Costa coffee in the centre, we then did a bit whilst navigating the streets. Tim asked some questions that should be enlightening to the general public as we had coffee. what was impressive was that Costa coffee had menues in braille and large print. In Cornwall you are lucky to find such things, electricity is still a novelty in some parts. Brett was a little star struck at meeting a local radio celebrity so I did most of the talking. You can listen to the interview here.
Brett was asked the strangest question so far by a lady in Marks and Spencer. She was curious what the medalion was on his collar, he likes to wear it 80s stylee with his hairy chest. when I informed her that it was his guide dog identification she responded that she thought it was some sort of Christian symbol. I should have seen it coming, but my joking comment of `I dont think he has a religion` was met with a humourless `well, what about you?`. I was reliably informed that god loves us both, despite being an evil non believer. Do people actually adorne there pets with religious items? I wonder if the same could be said for groups such as the Ku Klux Klann,, hmm, dogs in white hoods, scary...

Track of the day = Donna Summer - On the Radio

No comments: